Southern Command Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panhandle Airsoft Team Challenge

+8
ColKiller
Disco
AJ
wilcthalacker
FOXHOUND_SIN
cillercarl
Rob
crazyerchris
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Panhandle Airsoft Team Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Panhandle Airsoft Team Challenge

Post  wilcthalacker Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:04 pm

Something that would be cool though is to combine teams and run a game or so with large teams.
wilcthalacker
wilcthalacker
SgtMaj
SgtMaj

Back to top Go down

Panhandle Airsoft Team Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Panhandle Airsoft Team Challenge

Post  Gotvtec95 Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:33 am

ehh. our team is bigger than 4 man. ill pass sorry
Gotvtec95
Gotvtec95
LtGen
LtGen

http://race850.com/boards/member.php?u=240

Back to top Go down

Post  crazyerchris Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:57 am

this event it based on points, 5 points for a win 0 for a loss. If it ends in a tie both teams get 2.5 points and in the end that could hurt your final score and cause you not to win. So it's in your best interest to kill the entire team.

crazyerchris
PFC
PFC

Back to top Go down

Post  MackPerformance Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:59 am

I think these guys are looking at the box a bit differently. This isn't a MILSIM event. It is a charity event, using Airsoft as the FUN in a fundraiser. It is set up to facilitate new players to have a good time and donate to a great cause. No you won’t be the badest mo-fo in the world if you win this. It’s not based on getting the Airsoft community to show up. The price is not expensive but in Airsoft player terms it’s OUTRAGOUS!!!! If you are looking for a day of Airsoft - STOP NOW! But if you would like to donate to a good cause, introduce the sport to a lot on new comers and be apart of something bigger than the every day Airsoft game. Please come. It is being built as a spectator event as much as a playing event. So I would love to see some teams representing Airsoft out there. But If you don't get what its about and realize that your little $37 is going to some guy who doesn't have all of his appendages because he played the ULTAMITE GAME, then for my sake, look the other way. This event is about more important things then making the Airsofties happy!!! Its about giving back to the guys we emulate when playing airsoft. Recognizing that we go home being shot several times in a day and laugh about it. They on the other hand, live with that fact every day and nothing will ever be the same!
MackPerformance
MackPerformance
LCPL
LCPL

http://www.panhandleairsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott W. Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:03 am

i love what yall are doing. ill be happy to pay it for the cause. if it wasnt for the cause i wouldnt even consider it.
Scott W.
Scott W.
SSGT
SSGT

http://www.myspace.com/scottwarr

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott W. Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:05 am

One question. Do you guys have batteries that people are able to use? Cause I only have one good battery because all my other ones craped out on me.
Scott W.
Scott W.
SSGT
SSGT

Back to top Go down

Post  crazyerchris Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:22 pm

I'm not sure on the batteries we have vs the number of rentals we have. I do know that we will have a charging station with a smart charger set up so those that need to re-charge in between rounds can do so.

crazyerchris
PFC
PFC

Back to top Go down

Post  ColKiller Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:35 pm

Honeslty i think yall should just skip the tournament side of it an just have a fun airsoft day for charity. Bet you would get so many more players. Cuz then people dont have to worry bout finding a team. Just my thought
ColKiller
ColKiller
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:30 pm

ColKiller wrote:Honeslty i think yall should just skip the tournament side of it an just have a fun airsoft day for charity. Bet you would get so many more players. Cuz then people dont have to worry bout finding a team. Just my thought

Or just replace the airsoft guns with paintball and make money on what you already do...
Rob
Rob
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  wilcthalacker Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:12 pm

I used to play paintball but got out after realizing airsoft was more realistic and ammo didnt coust me a fortune, it was also funner on a personal note.
wilcthalacker
wilcthalacker
SgtMaj
SgtMaj

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott W. Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:33 pm

o ok thanks
Scott W.
Scott W.
SSGT
SSGT

Back to top Go down

Post  crazyerchris Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:07 pm

but after posting that i realized i have 2 extra batteries that I will bring and you can use one of them if you like

crazyerchris
PFC
PFC

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott W. Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:14 pm

that would be nice but wat voltage and is it mini type that would fit in a m14 stock
Scott W.
Scott W.
SSGT
SSGT

Back to top Go down

Post  0RANG3_FURY Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:15 pm

i think the cause of this event and getting new people in this sport is an excellent idea! tho the people here are looking at it a different way. Its not some big tourny, its an event to help random people and to put an airsoft gun in a newbies hand to open a whole new world to them. Not only is this event to help people, but its also broadening the air soft community!
0RANG3_FURY
0RANG3_FURY
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott W. Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:16 pm

i agree
Scott W.
Scott W.
SSGT
SSGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:42 am

0RANG3_FURY wrote:i think the cause of this event and getting new people in this sport is an excellent idea! tho the people here are looking at it a different way. Its not some big tourny, its an event to help random people and to put an airsoft gun in a newbies hand to open a whole new world to them. Not only is this event to help people, but its also broadening the air soft community!

Very well put mr Fury. - but.. it's not how 99.9998% of airsoft players or fields hold games. Just got it get it out of our head that this is a speed event and not a military sim. Smile Though I still say a military.. a true all weekend closed down to only airsofters would make for a insane fun place to play. With the field, inside vending, Airsoft shop, Range, chrono, all these things at your field. You could easily set up one mean ass over night or a Friday-Sunday event that people would drive from all over to play at.
Rob
Rob
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  ColKiller Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:56 am

As that is true rob, disco has a good point when he told me well its not up to him to shut down the field its up to the owner. An to the owner its a paintball field. Its GUARANTEED money and high business so until proven he can have lots of airsoft players he wont shut it down to us fully. I believe this event should just be turned into an airsoft game day. No tournaments or anything. Just hold a charity airsoft day. Then every one can come still hand out rentals more players will wanna play known they have good players with them that know what their doing. An every one gets to play. The turn out will be much bigger i believe. An maybe help show the owner their are a lot of us an help slowly lean towards a separate day just to us
ColKiller
ColKiller
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  Disco Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:02 am

^^^^^^^^^^bingo!!!! The more airsofters that show up the easier it would be to prove that it would be worth having one day dedicated to only the sport of airsoft.

As for saying that this event is an effort to get new players into airsoft I think you may be going about it a bit wrong. Newbies around here seem to believe that they sould get to play for free their first time out on a new field. We at southcom dont do it because at the end of the day there are bills to be paid and we would like to keep our field as long as possible. But a normal fee is expected like 10 to 20 bucks. If I were brand new to the sport I would not pay a huge field fee to see if I liked to play.

Either way I hope the event works out well and your able to really help out the Wounded warriors.
Disco
Disco
LtGen
LtGen

http://Discoairsoft@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post  crazyerchris Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:37 pm

at the end of the day you can't please everyone. To those that are going we thank you for helping us support the game of airsoft and supporting the Wounded Warrior Project, To those that are passing we are planning on another event to be held at Wilcox field in June that will be Milsim. Thanks for everyones input it has been very helpful.

crazyerchris
PFC
PFC

Back to top Go down

Post  ColKiller Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:22 pm

Dude i think its a great idea just needs some fixing here an there. AN of course you can NEVER please every one trust me. I helped plan a lot of the car shit around here an its a bitch to do lol. Easiest thing to do though is please the majority of people i have found lol. An were is that field at?
ColKiller
ColKiller
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  MackPerformance Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:16 am

For this event the field will be Airsoft only. The owner is open to just about anything and if the numbers were there we could do and Airsoft only day no problem. Night games will be held starting in the summer. Kind of a way to combat the heat. Still trying to come up with some more events and have been working in conjunction with Jamie at the Foundation to host an event over at Wilcox. Waiting on owner approval right now, but so far everything is looking good. This event is what I think you all are DREAMING about. 2 day full MilSim starting at 5pm on a Friday with a projected price of $35.

The Team challenge is going to be fun, held for a great cause, and hopefully will introduce a lot of people to the hobby/sport of Airsoft. Still waiting on approval and then we will probably be doing some radio and maybe TV spots. I also want to provide lunch to the players but that hasn't been set up yet. Right now I am talking with 2 BBQ places about catering the event. I've got 2 teams that will jump start the event registration once I receive a letter of intent and post their involvement. But corporate doesn't do anything quickly. Lets just say these teams will cause a delay between sight acquire and fire. And playing with them will be a Hoot!!!!
!!!!
MackPerformance
MackPerformance
LCPL
LCPL

http://www.panhandleairsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Disco Sat May 01, 2010 7:21 am

Well it looks like you are doing your best to make this thing happen in a way that true airsofters would enjoy. Just having the entire place to ourselves it a huge plus in my eyes. You have an amazing field there and to be able to run the entire place all day will make that event a ton better.
Disco
Disco
LtGen
LtGen

http://Discoairsoft@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post  crazyerchris Fri May 28, 2010 11:55 am

To those interested in coming out this weekend to the team challenge,we have moved the time back to 9am and opened it up to single player registration. Single players that show up pay the fee of $37 and we fix a team for you. right now we have 5-8 teams.

crazyerchris
PFC
PFC

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2