Southern Command Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panhandle Airsoft Team Challenge

+8
ColKiller
Disco
AJ
wilcthalacker
FOXHOUND_SIN
cillercarl
Rob
crazyerchris
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Panhandle Airsoft Team Challenge Empty Panhandle Airsoft Team Challenge

Post  crazyerchris Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:15 am

Panhandle Airsoft Team Challenge Cod_te10

Have what it takes to be called the number 1 team? Well we want to find out!! Join our Team Challenge and prove once and for all you have the skill to be called the best of the best!

The Team Challenge will force teams to go head to head, toe to toe, and pretty much gun to gun to find out which team can do more than talk the talk.

-Teams will consist of 4 people
-Personal gear is allowed, all guns must past chrono and will be tagged
(If your gun is NOT tagged it will not permitted on the field!!)
-If you don't have any gear we will provide you with a gun and a vest
-Fee is $150 per team (around $37 Per Person) (fee will be the same if you bring your own equipment or we provide you with some)

For more info on this Panhandle event and to pre-register your team click the banner below. Any other questions please do not hesitate to ask

Panhandle Airsoft Team Challenge Signupbannercopy

Only 28 teams will be allowed to enter this event so pre-register your team TODAY!

*Some of the funds raised from this event will be donated to The Wounded Warrior Project*

crazyerchris
PFC
PFC

Back to top Go down

Panhandle Airsoft Team Challenge Empty Re: Panhandle Airsoft Team Challenge

Post  Rob Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:42 am

If you expect people to pay that kind of money to play airsoft. Then you may want to take some of that money and come up with awards. You not getting people to pay 150$ for a 4 man team to walk around in animal dung and get the " Airsofties" treatment.

Not being rude just trying to help! sounds like a fun event but I don't see the reward from driving that far, dealing with typical paint ballers & playing in animal crap WHILE paying 40$ a person & gas & food.

Smile Think of something to draw people out there to WANT to play!
Rob
Rob
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  crazyerchris Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:52 am

It's an event sponsored by Evike so we will have whatever they give us to raffle off and we are getting other things sponsored by local business to be raffled off and there will be tropies for the first place team....but it's not about the prizes, it's about having fun and giving money to a good cause. This is a Charity event

crazyerchris
PFC
PFC

Back to top Go down

Post  cillercarl Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:04 pm

Rob wrote:If you expect people to pay that kind of money to play airsoft. Then you may want to take some of that money and come up with awards. You not getting people to pay 150$ for a 4 man team to walk around in animal dung and get the " Airsofties" treatment.

Not being rude just trying to help! sounds like a fun event but I don't see the reward from driving that far, dealing with typical paint ballers & playing in animal crap WHILE paying 40$ a person & gas & food.

Smile Think of something to draw people out there to WANT to play!

A little HARSH rob!!
do we need to teach you to PLAY NICE.
cillercarl
cillercarl
President

Back to top Go down

Post  FOXHOUND_SIN Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:05 pm

I'm sorry, but Rob is right. That's kind of much. I paid 30 to play an op sponsored by Echo 1 and AEX. But more money for a single day of play. Eh. Not a fan.
FOXHOUND_SIN
FOXHOUND_SIN
SgtMaj
SgtMaj

http://www.foxhoundairsoft.kk5.org

Back to top Go down

Post  wilcthalacker Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:31 pm

yea that is a wee bit much, but i guess if you lived close by and didnt have to pay just as much in gas it would be alright.
wilcthalacker
wilcthalacker
SgtMaj
SgtMaj

Back to top Go down

Post  cillercarl Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:54 pm

I am not saying about the price of the event, I am saying he could be a little nicer the way he put his post.
No one likes there home field cut down.
All fields have there GOOD points and there not so good points, If we like airsoft and would like the sport to grow
then we need to HELP one another and not take pot shots at other teams fields. Question Question Question
cillercarl
cillercarl
President

Back to top Go down

Post  wilcthalacker Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:41 pm

Point taken and very well worded.
wilcthalacker
wilcthalacker
SgtMaj
SgtMaj

Back to top Go down

Post  AJ Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:45 pm

when u say raffels. whats being givin away? and i wouldent mind being called #1 team. lol. so william and scott, what do u say? i'll go if yall go.
AJ
AJ
GySgt
GySgt

Back to top Go down

Post  Disco Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:47 pm

Ok guys I can see both sides of the story here. On one hand Mack Performance is trying to put on a bug event which is what we all really really want!!! On the other hand paying $40 for One hour and twenty minuets of playing airsoft. Sure there are gonna be prizes and such but like you said we play for the fun of the sport not for grab bags and free swag. Im torn because the facility at hwy77 is amazing and offers everything you need in a day of airsoft like a concession stand and a small airsoft store. The field is awesome and has tons to offer all players.

So there ya go I guess
Disco
Disco
LtGen
LtGen

http://Discoairsoft@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColKiller Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:01 pm

I think the event is a GREAT idea. I think the price behind it and what not, not so much. It seems a lil much for a 4 person team to play like disco said for like 2 hours. An the raffle idea is great an all but i mean you should concentrate on getting stuff for the teams playing like prize for first-thrid place or something like that. An maybe make the teams a lil bigger.
ColKiller
ColKiller
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  FOXHOUND_SIN Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:46 pm

I would like to bring a six man team. At 6 people, 150 is beyond good.
FOXHOUND_SIN
FOXHOUND_SIN
SgtMaj
SgtMaj

Back to top Go down

Post  crazyerchris Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:05 pm

let me help clarify a couple of things. We chose to go with the 4 man instead of 5 or 6 because of time constraints, if we field a group of two 4 man teams then the matches take less time and we can do more matches with more teams being involved. Also we are trying to provide to the players who do not have guns and gear yet but want to participate, so we figure it as we have to have enough gear to field 2 teams at once which right now unfortunately it's two 4 man teams. If this turns out to be a popular event and people have positive feedback on it we will change it up to a two day event and make the teams larger. This is our first run at an event like this and with each run of it, it will change and become better.

As far as the cost and what you get....We understood going into this that people would see the price and frown upon it, and we knew that most people would probably turn away. But let me tell you this we are working our butts off to get as many sponsorships as possible so we can have tons of prizes to give away, so people feel like they are getting their moneys worth. As of right now I'm not sure on a lot of the prizes, I do know that Evike is giving us a box of stuff (they haven't told us what yet) and I know we have a lot of local business throwing in gift cards, Like movie theaters, Hooters, Sunnys. We are still waiting on final approval from a ton of places and still trying to get more as well as trying to get the event catered. We are tossing around the idea of something for 2nd and 3rd and it will probably happen, just depending on the number of teams we get interested in this event. Just understand we want to make this as fun as possible for everyone but don't want to put ourselves in a hole if only 2 teams register.

Like I said before, this is a charity event with proceeds going to the Wounded Warrior Project. So it's not like we jacked the price up so we can all go get systemas. Believe me I know about gas cost I drive from Tallahassee so I understand the pain there.

crazyerchris
PFC
PFC

Back to top Go down

Post  FOXHOUND_SIN Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:01 am

Well. Team FOXHOUND is definately talking about making an appearance. I personally do want to see the field because I heard decent things about the field.
FOXHOUND_SIN
FOXHOUND_SIN
SgtMaj
SgtMaj

Back to top Go down

Post  Disco Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:42 am

I can surely understand all the effort it takes to run a successful airsoft game day so with that being said and after reading your replys im going to strongly consider going to this now. We will see!!!
Disco
Disco
LtGen
LtGen

http://Discoairsoft@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wilcthalacker Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:38 pm

Quck question can i use my box magazine?

Last edited by wilcthalacker on Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bad spelling)
wilcthalacker
wilcthalacker
SgtMaj
SgtMaj

Back to top Go down

Post  crazyerchris Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:21 pm

sure for the Assualt game type there is no ammo restriction but for the Deathmatch game type the max is 2 high caps. We don't want people sitting behind cover for 15 mins just spraying as much as they can and then both teams would just camp.

crazyerchris
PFC
PFC

Back to top Go down

Post  wilcthalacker Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:23 pm

Cool me and 3 others from foxhound will be there the 29th.
wilcthalacker
wilcthalacker
SgtMaj
SgtMaj

Back to top Go down

Post  crazyerchris Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:28 pm

Cool, Just make sure you pre-register your team to make sure you get a spot there are only 27 team spots left

crazyerchris
PFC
PFC

Back to top Go down

Post  wilcthalacker Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:53 pm

Awsome thanks. Ill talk to the team leader.
wilcthalacker
wilcthalacker
SgtMaj
SgtMaj

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:55 pm

Ya, I never meant anything " bad " about what i said. Take it as a " way to make it better ".

From what I am seeing in the gamemodes and what not it seems like it's being ran by a Paintball place... which it is. 15-20 min games of death match = Very quick but also camping like a mother.

Airsoft games even SHORT airsoft games go for what?... 30mins? 45mins? This is not " speedball "

With that field over there I just think you could do so much more then what you have listed and THEN it would be worth the price. + If it is truly sponsored then the prices should not be that high anyways?! But it's what it is. Not going to hold anything bad against ya or hate on your field. I personally enjoyed the hell out of the field it's self. Maybe not the people running it but you by far have the best airsoft field i'd say. One day your owners will run that field like " This day is for airsoft " This day is for paintball. I think then you would see a better turn out. BUT I also understand that yall make good money on Paintballers and alot less on airsofters. So Smile Do what it up! I wish yall good luck!
Rob
Rob
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  cillercarl Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:35 pm

crazyerchris wrote:Cool, Just make sure you pre-register your team to make sure you get a spot there are only 27 team spots left

SO that means you only have 1 team registered so far ??
cillercarl
cillercarl
President

Back to top Go down

Post  ColKiller Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:05 pm

Are we going to have to share fields with the paintballers or we going to have the fields to our self?
ColKiller
ColKiller
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  crazyerchris Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:32 pm

The guy that owns the field runs the paintball and has nothing to do with the airsoft. If we can get enough teams to pre-register and come we can shut down the entire field and only run airsoft. The owner won't let us have the entire field if we only have 5 teams show up it's not worth it to him.

There are many different ways to play airsoft, some games last 30-45 mins even longer and some can last 5 mins depending on the way its played. We chose the time limits for the different games based around 2 things

1. In deathmatch keeps both teams from sitting in one spot and just spraying all over the field hoping to get a player out. The quick time limit will force teams to run at each other for the better shooting position to take out the other team quickly, I don't see many of these games lasting past 5-10 mins 4 on 4 won't last long. So basically yes a game of speed ball

2. The field does have a closing time so we must fit everything into that allowed play time.

28 teams when running team vs team at an average game limit of 15 mins is 3.5 hours per game mode.

so while it does seem like a small amount of time it does add up. Of course we will change the game timers depending on the number of teams in attendance. We can run longer games with less teams, we made a goal to try and achieve for this Charity and 28 teams is what it took for us to reach that limit so everything was based around that number.

Yea Carl we have 1 team registered. Pre-registration began on Sunday We have a lot of guys waiting on pay day and we may have some of the sponsorships building their own teams, right now word is that Hooters is on the fence about fielding a Hooters girl team. At this time we know for a fact of at least 5 to 6 more teams that are just waiting on 1 or 2 guys to get paid before they can register. We've placed this event on just about every forum we can think out to get more teams to join so we can reach our goal of 28 teams and I believe that we will reach that mark.

btw...Sponsorships have nothing to do with price. We are trying to raise money for a Charity with this event the sponsors are helping us give back to the players that are helping with that cause

crazyerchris
PFC
PFC

Back to top Go down

Post  ColKiller Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:56 pm

Ok man, im sorry but honeslty i dont think you are thinking about this in an airsoft stand point. It seems like your trying to combined paintballs speedball with airsoft. Which you can not do. The point behind airsoft is to be as realistic as possible to actual war. Ask any true military person and they will tell you they will not just go run an gun. It takes time, strategy, stealth, and thought. So this whole lets make it go as fast as possible isnt going to work and im sorry your not going to get a lot of serious players because well they have the same thought as some of us....."its paintball with airsoft guns." Honeslty if i wanted to play a speedball style game i would go back to paintball. I understand this is a first time thing but i think more thought should have gone into this. An theres a major whole in your deathmatch game. What happens if both teams decide to camp and at the end of the time limit its 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3. Do you just call end an both teams lose or what? So theres a problem. Also find it messed up that they want to hold an event for airsoft players but are going to cut the field short on us in order for paintballers to keep playing. If they were smart they would shut the paintball field down for ONE DAY and do an all airsoft day and i bet it would draw much more players. Once again to the price i think its a lil ridiculous and should be altered accordingly. I would say if your bringing your own stuff like $20 i think is fair. If you have to rent then $40 seems fair. Last but not least im sorry but the fact that hooters wants to throw together a team of the gurls that work for them is kinda insulting. Exactly what i wanna do waste my ammo shooting abunch of ditzy girls running around and screaming. You know im on the fence bout this but as it goes im leaning more and more towards not going. Im sorry but i dont think this was thought threw as well as it should be no offense.

What i think would be cool is a giant game day/noob day. Kind of shoot towards new people get them to come out and play and try it out withplayers who have been playing for awhile. They can interect and figure out if they like it and what not.

In the end good luck. If you adjust the price i maybe more willing to drive out there really
ColKiller
ColKiller
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next