Southern Command Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How you got started into airsoft!!!!!

+6
AJ
Cyborg
TheTerminator
Scott W.
FOXHOUND_SIN
Disco
10 posters

Go down

How you got started into airsoft!!!!! Empty How you got started into airsoft!!!!!

Post  Disco Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:40 am

I was heavy into war games and military paraphernalia as a kid. Im sure it helped being a military dependent. So naturally Ive been drawn to any war gaming activity ive been exposed to. Unlike most airsofters I never played paintball. I always saw it as a very unrealistic sport that was too rich for my wallet. So I used to own a pretty big car enthusiast website here locally and one of my members casually mentioned airsoft in a post or something like that. A handful of other members jumped on board and started their own section and private forum within the walls of my car forum. (we had all kinds of subforums within the main forum)
So in seeing the amount of interest on our forum I started doing some research on the web and found southern command airsoft, this was February of 09. So our subforum of airsofters all met up and drove out to c-view for a game. I was instantly hooked as were a couple of the other guys. Some rented guns and others had already purchased thiers.
I showed up my first day with the UTG L96 sniper. After a couple game days I saw how underpowered i was and quickly purchased a d-boys RK74 wich was a great gun to begin with.
After fighting with the ticks, mosquito's, and bees in the summer winter rolled around and Jason mentioned that we werent going to be able to play on the original southcom field due to his family using the land for hunting purposes, which is completely understandable. But Jason was also going to be out of town on most weekends in the winter so he wouldnt be able to hold the games anymore. Well that wasnt an easy pill to swallow for me since I was pretty fresh into the sport and wanted to be able to continue to play locally.
So I had a meeting with Jason about me taking over the gaming end of southcom and him still having complete ownership. He mentioned the current field were using as an alternate location and we struck up a deal. I really dont care for the organizing of the games and making sure everyone's happy and we have everything we need to play out scenarios successfully. It takes a bit more work that you may think to keep southcom running smoothly. Simple things like having flags and armbands that everyone likes and wont complain too much about is important to me. Some of you may remember that our first couple game days we played CTF with a small yard rake as the flag ha ha ah. It was hilarious! My goal at southern command is to keep our players happy as well as keeping my playing experience fun at the same time. So if any of you have any suggestions for improvements please feel free to post them. Make sure to put some real thought into your suggestions before you type them out. There are many variables to consider when trying to run airsoft scenarios so try and think of them all before posting.

Your Faithful Leader

DISCO
Disco
Disco
LtGen
LtGen

http://Discoairsoft@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

How you got started into airsoft!!!!! Empty Re: How you got started into airsoft!!!!!

Post  FOXHOUND_SIN Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:26 pm

I remember that in 7th grade, I started a "league of airsofters" in pensacola. I would find people, then they would get starter guns and do one on ones in the backyard and I would keep little win/loss personal stat cards for everyone on a website. Eventually, we formed into a team of AEG starters and called ourselves Shock N' Awe, staying around until 9th grade, when I finally had to close it because of high school. I still had my dads old military uniform, which I still wear, and I added to a uniform and eventually found these high end guns. I got the money to get one last yeaer, during my birthday finally. Got myself an AK-47 and came back, bringing Shock N' Awe back into the scene. Eventually, I changed the name to FOXHOUND and it's been that since. Short and sweet, but accurate on facts. ~SIN
FOXHOUND_SIN
FOXHOUND_SIN
SgtMaj
SgtMaj

http://www.foxhoundairsoft.kk5.org

Back to top Go down

How you got started into airsoft!!!!! Empty Re: How you got started into airsoft!!!!!

Post  Scott W. Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:56 am

When i was like 10 my friend and I went to the flea market and we saw some guns. I had no idea what they were so i looked at them, and they were so cool. So i bought my 1st airsoft gun an automatic desert eagle. After that I started getting my friends into it and we would have little wars at each others house. Then my friend William heard about Southern Command about two years ago and we have been coming out there ever since.
Scott W.
Scott W.
SSGT
SSGT

http://www.myspace.com/scottwarr

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTerminator Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:19 pm

I went to my dad's house one night and my older brother's (22 and 13) Bought 3 pistol's we had a lil war, That night i bought one, and i was looking up fields and i found South com and been coming ever since.
TheTerminator
TheTerminator
1stSgt
1stSgt

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyborg Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:34 pm

I never played paintball either. I'm all for realism.
Cyborg
Cyborg
Sgt
Sgt

Back to top Go down

Post  AJ Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:01 pm

I started on my 10th b-day when my little bro got me a dasiy mp5 and we would shoot cans in the backyard. his b-day came along and i got him the same but had a 120 bb hopper add on. and we would flip lawn chairs over and hide and shoot behind those. then my 12b-day came along and i saved up some money but was 10 short. then we were between houses moving living at grand ma and grand pa's house and apparently they love giving little kids money but i went to k-mart and got my dasiy m4. we moved to crestview and i went to richburg and made friends with scott, willam, and criss lopez. we were talkin and he invited me to a skirmish at his house when i was 13 and i had a blast. and evey chance i got i went out to play with will and scott. either at wills or scotts. the're guns were better but that didnt stop me. theyd pin me down and if i was in a fort i'd go comando. somtimes id push them back or id get shot up. when i turned 16 i got my well mbo5 that was suposed to get for x-mas but got it a wek after my 16th b-day. but was at nanas. i played a game at steavens when it started to get cold 3 months before my 16 b-day. then i think a week after my b-day we made a carravan of vans to southern comand and i was amazed by the forts then the change to woods below. and yall welcomed me right in. im addicted to the rush of this sport.i hope to play for many years to come. i would love to visit any and all airsoft fields. free or pay 4 play. afro
AJ
AJ
GySgt
GySgt

Back to top Go down

Post  wilcthalacker Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:49 pm

The way i got started into airsoft is i used to play paintball like every weekend then when i got to the 6th grade my friend scott showed me airsoft well it was cheaper and i could play at a location closer to home, so i started playing airsoft, then in the 9th grade i was shown southern command and became addicted. I eventually got my M4 and upgraded it and i've now had the m4 for 19 months and just cleaned the gearbox and every-thing out so its shooting better than ever.

IM NOW A 2ND LT IN CRESTVIEWS JROTC, COOL ENOUGH I WAS A MASTER SGT. lol! Very Happy Very Happy
wilcthalacker
wilcthalacker
SgtMaj
SgtMaj

Back to top Go down

Post  Gotvtec95 Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:54 pm

Played a little bit in my friend Gary's back yard at night with full head gear. Ran into a tree and sprained my Knee. then Disco and Jon got sniper rifles and i was like "Fuck i wanna play" so i got my g36c

werd
Gotvtec95
Gotvtec95
LtGen
LtGen

http://race850.com/boards/member.php?u=240

Back to top Go down

Post  spence88 Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:25 pm

i started with walmart guns in the back yard. i never took it seriously until i fist came out to southcom and saw the high end guns. then the internet took over and now my money keeps disappearing. oh well i love it now and im getting as many of my friends to play as possible. im really glad chad came out cause hes a pretty big hit out there.

spence88
PFC
PFC

Back to top Go down

Post  ColKiller Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:49 am

Also started in my buddy garys backyard. Then moved on up to discos place playing inbetween 2 houses on his street. Then moved to a frisbee golf course (BY FAR the best airsoft time i have EVER had. Nothing beats like 6 peoples cramming into a toyota camry all dressed in military clothing and 1 guy in a gillie suit lol. Sneaking around in the dark hiding from random joggers). Then disco found the field in cview an here we r lol
ColKiller
ColKiller
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  Gotvtec95 Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:28 pm

ColKiller wrote:Also started in my buddy garys backyard. Then moved on up to discos place playing inbetween 2 houses on his street. Then moved to a frisbee golf course (BY FAR the best airsoft time i have EVER had. Nothing beats like 6 peoples cramming into a toyota camry all dressed in military clothing and 1 guy in a gillie suit lol. Sneaking around in the dark hiding from random joggers). Then disco found the field in cview an here we r lol

yeah matt that was some fun shit. i remember discos bb wizzing by my ear.
Gotvtec95
Gotvtec95
LtGen
LtGen

http://race850.com/boards/member.php?u=240

Back to top Go down

Post  ColKiller Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:35 pm

I remember 3 of us just unloading where we thought disco was an him just like curled up in the fetal position hahaha
ColKiller
ColKiller
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  Disco Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:13 pm

That night was soooo much fun im glad we didn't get caught ha ha ha!!!
Disco
Disco
LtGen
LtGen

http://Discoairsoft@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ColKiller Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:14 pm

The best part of that night was all of us hiding in the bushes trying to avoid a person walking around lol
ColKiller
ColKiller
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down