Southern Command Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New rule for teamkilling!

+7
Howie
AJ
wilcthalacker
FOXHOUND_SIN
TheTerminator
nobody
Rob
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New rule for teamkilling! Empty New rule for teamkilling!

Post  Rob Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:48 pm

So.. this is what I was thinking. Maybe you guys can give me your thoughts on this.

The way it is now it's pretty much if you kill a teammate he is dead and you move on. But wait.. that's not fair for the guy you just shot.

So.. my way to fix this. You shoot a teammate you are dead. Actually you are dead for a extended period of time. Example.. 5mins bleed out no matter what the current game spawn system is. What do you guys think? I just want to see better team work and less.. " oh whats that.. "" sprays bb's into bushs "" hit hit hit hit hit "" " wtf im on your team?! "

Oh.. this should go for camera guys as well Very Happy
Rob
Rob
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

New rule for teamkilling! Empty Re: New rule for teamkilling!

Post  nobody Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:23 pm

i like the idea
nobody
nobody
GySgt
GySgt

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTerminator Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:06 pm

But there is contradictions to that..
TheTerminator
TheTerminator
1stSgt
1stSgt

Back to top Go down

Post  FOXHOUND_SIN Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:28 pm

It's an accident, friendly fire happens. Shouldn't be a penalty. Razz
FOXHOUND_SIN
FOXHOUND_SIN
SgtMaj
SgtMaj

http://www.foxhoundairsoft.kk5.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:29 am

I was waiting on you to post Very Happy King of FF himself! And hitman for Camera men!
Rob
Rob
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  wilcthalacker Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:05 pm

I like the Idea to an extent but I would change the timelimet a little because in 5 minutes depending on what we are doing you have done missed all the action or couldnt help out your team.
wilcthalacker
wilcthalacker
SgtMaj
SgtMaj

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTerminator Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:07 pm

What if its a game like predator. people are wondering all diffrent directions.
TheTerminator
TheTerminator
1stSgt
1stSgt

Back to top Go down

Post  AJ Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:58 pm

make it 10 mins. im tired of when i creep up on a base about to do something then gettin blazed by my team, Mad Mad Mad
AJ
AJ
GySgt
GySgt

Back to top Go down

Post  Howie Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:43 pm

It's call LACK of Communication, It's just like having tactics and hand signals . As team you need to dicuss which tactics (movements) What your basic hand signals are going to be use ( like the peace Sign to idenfity between team member)! An for those guys in ghillie suits, You really need to let your team know your movements and stick with them. If I shot my own team member , chances are something above went wrong, I do not mind sitting out/bleeding out,

Howie
SSGT
SSGT

Back to top Go down

Post  AJ Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:07 pm

i do tell my team thats around me wair im goin and what im doin, i creep up to the perfect spot, then some guy comes around thats supposed to be on the other side go's, hey! whats that! lets shoot it. i say if its ff, 5min, if they were about to take a shot or accomplish an objective, 8+ mins. or the other option, friendly fire immunity.
AJ
AJ
GySgt
GySgt

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:01 pm

I havent played,but i think it should should be a penalty,but a small one.Not like a 5 min penalty,but maybe just run back to spawn,like if you were hit.It is kinda hard though,because of reaction.

Andrew
PFC
PFC

Back to top Go down

Post  FOXHOUND_SIN Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:31 am

Bleh. I know i'm the friendly fire champ. But it just happens. I don't think penalty should be beyond the penalty that already exists. I can't tell you how many times i've been team killed just to have to lose the advanced position I had on the enemy. That's bad enough. For me to have to wait 5 minutes, or the person who killed me to wait 5 minutes, that's disabling as well as handicaping my team in all the wrong ways. I'd rather just lose the position and have to fight back for it rather have to fight back for it as well as losing a member of the team for a set amount of time over an accident. Honestly, a penalty like this would ruin airsoft for me. No offense to Rob. Razz

Just gotta add. I like the realism of airsoft. I don't want it to be like a video game where people randomly die over TKing. Friendly fire is just another element of realistic combat.
FOXHOUND_SIN
FOXHOUND_SIN
SgtMaj
SgtMaj

Back to top Go down

Post  AJ Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:12 am

that only reinforces my point of , "hey, whats that, lets shoot it." i spend a good 5secs to a minute identifying my target. if i dont remember if its friendly or foe, i either spend more time looking for identification, ask a team-mate, or just move on. dont shoot random movement. like realworld friendly fire, there is punishment. if you want real world, do all of it. not just the parts u like. there should be ff punishment, and you say the 5min penalty criples the team. so does shooting the guy that spent 10min creeping up on the perfect spot.
AJ
AJ
GySgt
GySgt

Back to top Go down

Post  nobody Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:35 pm

i have an idea how about we make it so that if you shoot a teem mate you have to sit out 5 min of the next game
nobody
nobody
GySgt
GySgt

Back to top Go down

Post  FOXHOUND_SIN Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:47 pm

The real world punishment of friendly fire is killing your friend. Not being dead for 5 minutes then respawning. Razz But I just don't see the point of making friendly fire a punishable offense. It's like getting in a car accident and arresting the parties involved.
FOXHOUND_SIN
FOXHOUND_SIN
SgtMaj
SgtMaj

Back to top Go down

Post  AJ Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:29 pm

yes. but in a car accident somebody is usely sued. i say if its a ff hit, either punishment, or ff hits dont count
AJ
AJ
GySgt
GySgt

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:37 pm

This has turned into a great debate. Both sides have good points. I would like more thought on to different things we could do to get this right. Think of it not as a permanent thing but a training tool. There has been a few things used on the field that are just temporary to help mold players into what they are supposed to be doing instead of playing like its a video game. I have first hand seen AJ spend 10-15 mins creeping to a perfect spot where he was picking off players left and right.. then only to be shot by a teammate. He is not the only one.. as I am sure all of us has gone through this at one time or another.

So what do we do to fix it?

Punish the guy that Teamkilled?
Punish the guy that got shot?
Nothing?

The debate is great but we need ideas on how to correct this problem of friendly fire. And I really don't want to hear " communicate more " If i'm in the trench.. creeping and snap a twig. I don't want my teammate that just got there who was not there before I went into the trench to tell I was going there light me up because he didn't take the time to see which team I was on. The whole point of these bright colored flagging that we wear is to prevent things like this.

Maybe in the morning we go through the rules we toss this in as a warning. Just like a Rules of Engagement deal. Blind firing can be linked to this as well.. if you are firing on a target that you can not identify then you should be punished. It's dangerous as it not aloud! So what is the punishment? What can we do to make it to where this will not happen? Remember one of Southern Commands objectives is to train for Milsim Ops. That way when we all pack up and go to one we don't act like a bunch of tards Very Happy Instead we rep SCAS in a good way!

So.. thoughts?
Rob
Rob
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  FOXHOUND_SIN Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:05 pm

I think we should just accept friendly fire as another tool of the fight. It's a random occurance that can pursuade the turn of the tide. I have shot people on accident. Just because, you can't always identify who your target is. Honestly, i'll team kill no matter what. Not because I mean to. But because. It's either me or him. Either my squad or this lone threat in front of me. If I spend time trying to identify him too long. It could mean the very end of me. Or even worse, my own guys. In honesty, i'd go down for a TK and take the blame then risk my own guys dying.
FOXHOUND_SIN
FOXHOUND_SIN
SgtMaj
SgtMaj

Back to top Go down

Post  Howie Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:22 pm

Just an idea, now when I am playing at the Hotel and Wilcox field, we normally split teams up by uniforms, It seems to help on friendly fire, exsample of usage say we have 5 guys wearing regular woodland and 5 guys wearing regular OD green 8 guys wearing multicam, 2 guys wearing digital woodland, So I would split the teams up old camo versus new camo, and so forth, you just try to get uniforms colors to help cut out confussion. It's not picking on players because camo they wear what they wear for camo and you just work with it,
Also the little ribbons are okay, but if your wearing your green ribbon on your left side, and the other team member only can see from an distance your right side and the ribbon not visible to the eye/scope. and you have multiple uniforms on your team along with other team, then sorting out friend or foe get much harder, and maybe the shooter is unable or not taking the time to notice team member, he just eliminates the possible threat and moves on,to be thats acceptable loss to friendly fire. Now the ghille suits will always have an problem unless he is the only one wearing an ghille suit on the field.
I believe you would not have the friendly fire problem in ops due to stricter Camo rules. Like the op in December I am going too, it's Green versus Brown, so I will know anybody that wearing green is foe.

that is just my few pennies worth Very Happy

Howie
SSGT
SSGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Disco Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:25 pm

Theres a simple answer to this debate. GET RADIOS!!!!! USE THEM!!! When weve had radios we know where each other are and what we are doing.

BUT!!!!! Friendly fire is gonna happen its not going to stop no matter what punishment is applied. So how bout instead of punishment that will effect the entire team for one players momentary lack of judgment. How bout we do what was done when I was in the Corps and you made a mistake in training... we embarrass the player in question. Make them wear something silly while playing or call them out publicly while going over the next game mode.
Disco
Disco
LtGen
LtGen

http://Discoairsoft@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post  FOXHOUND_SIN Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:15 am

Well. I've just been known as the king of TKing. LOL Kinda sucks. But i'm ruthless. Can't help it. New rule for teamkilling! 71752
FOXHOUND_SIN
FOXHOUND_SIN
SgtMaj
SgtMaj

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:08 am

Well,airsoft is realistic,but its not like we are military being trained.We could change the rule to the shooter and the teammate on the other end of the barrell is also out,just go to spawn then back in the action.

Andrew
PFC
PFC

Back to top Go down

Post  AJ Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:56 pm

lol, andrew, we try to make it millitaristic, but back to the point, why should i suffer for somebodys lack of judgement? either the 5min bleedout, act like the shot never happened, or fire team on the offending player. but... iv seen this neat little gadget that tracks the motion of your team and wair there at, but every person needs one to be tracked and there expensive.
AJ
AJ
GySgt
GySgt

Back to top Go down

Post  Howie Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:44 pm

Howie
SSGT
SSGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:14 am

So time has passed.. any more thoughts on the matter?
Rob
Rob
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum