Southern Command Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eye Protection

2 posters

Go down

Eye Protection Empty Eye Protection

Post  MHI 1895 Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:14 pm

I haven't seen alot of discussion on eye wear and me being a Paintball veteran but an Airsoft noob, im trying to get away from the paintball mask. I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on the subject. cyclops
MHI 1895
MHI 1895
Private

Back to top Go down

Eye Protection Empty Re: Eye Protection

Post  LiquidSquid555 Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:14 pm

MHI 1895 wrote:I haven't seen alot of discussion on eye wear and me being a Paintball veteran but an Airsoft noob, im trying to get away from the paintball mask. I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on the subject. cyclops

I personally wear Mesh goggles and a lower face mask. I guess you don't have to wear anything over your face but I would recommend you do. BB's can knock and chip your teeth out. They work perfect and you don't have to worry about scratching them or anything, never had any problems. Here is a link to the kind of mesh goggles I use and they are cheap! http://www.amazon.com/Amico-Green-Elastic-Plastic-Goggles/dp/B005FU5Z5U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365127684&sr=8-1&keywords=Mesh+Goggles

If you use an M4 alot of face mask will not let you use iron sights but one of these I have is slim enough to still use iron sights http://www.amazon.com/Hakkotsu-lower-airsoft-Olive-IF-001/dp/B003MAD930/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_1 or a lower mesh mask.

I have heard alot of different opinions on mesh goggles like if they will let a BB through or if the mesh will bend but most test's I have seen on goggles like those are 500-600 fps guns shooting the goggles point blank numerous times and the most that happens is they make dents in the mesh, my goggles have been hit in the mesh from a regular engagement distance and there was no scratches or dents it was like they were never hit. Hope I helped Smile
LiquidSquid555
LiquidSquid555
Admin

Back to top Go down