Southern Command Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lookin to get a new AEG. Any ideas or advice?

+2
S3AL
Hansel
6 posters

Go down

Lookin to get a new AEG. Any ideas or advice? Empty Lookin to get a new AEG. Any ideas or advice?

Post  Hansel Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:34 pm

I'm looking to get an AEG. I have a sniper, but I'm a sucker for versatility. My budget is around $300 little more little less. I've found a few, but it seems it's a hard gamble with some companies. Some have really horrid products but have a gem or two, while a company that makes good guns will have some flukes out there. I've checked out some of the companies suggested earlier in other threads, but any ideas or suggestions would be awesome. Plus I'm not a huge fan of AR types or AK models. I know cuts the list thin. But like I said any suggestions welcome and appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Hansel
Hansel
Private

Back to top Go down

Lookin to get a new AEG. Any ideas or advice? Empty Re: Lookin to get a new AEG. Any ideas or advice?

Post  S3AL Sat May 26, 2012 12:35 pm

Hey I have a Bravo RDW. Used once at Tx paintball and i got it two weeks ago from a evike mystery box. it comes with 3 mags, battery, charger, foregrip. I want to get rid of it soon for $220. Or i am looking for a sniper. Maybe we can work something. thanks

S3AL
Private

Back to top Go down

Lookin to get a new AEG. Any ideas or advice? Empty Re: Lookin to get a new AEG. Any ideas or advice?

Post  Suppresser Sun May 27, 2012 11:35 am

Have you looked into the Sig 552? The first AEG I bought 2 years ago was a JG Sig 552. The only mods I've done to it have been a tb barrel, a new bucking, and a higher mAh battery. It is still on the field every game day we have at Ambush Alley as a loaner. It has been through some serious hell with brand new players, but it still gets the job done impressively. The day it came in it was shooting at 395 fps, two years later it is firing at 385 fps with the same factory internals. If I wasn't such a fan of M4's I would have multiple Sig 552's and/or Sig 551's instead of so many M4's. They are pretty unique weapons in my experience. I haven't seen any on the field's I've played besides mine.
Suppresser
Suppresser
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  jeepwardaddy Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:40 pm

echo1 and kwa are great airsoft companies. i also have a cyma socom m14 thats bar none awesome. i own a small arsenal with g and g, tokyo marui, kwa, cyma, uk arms, we tech, classic army, and more. Most companies are great but i avoid things like well, double eagle, jls and so on and so forth. stick with weapons that are compatible with other brands so you should always be able to find parts.
jeepwardaddy
jeepwardaddy
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  JaredThinks Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:25 pm

My first airsoft gun: a G&G CM16 Raider-L (which is the extended barrel). With an 8.4v nunchuck battery and .20g (biodegradeable) bb, mine shoots 307 fps. The gun I have is plastic, the metal costs more than the plastic and the price will be under $250-270 for either one. The only problem I've had with it is my iron sight had winding problems, got jammed, and broke so I'll probably get a red dot to replace the broken iron site.

Summary/notes:
8.4v battery + 20g bb = 307 fps, this is for the plastic gun, I don't know what the fps is on the metal.
Great accuracy
My iron sight's winding seems to have gotten jammed and completely stop working.
The other parts of the gun are great quality.

I also should mention (since a lot of players like having this) that there's four tactical rails on the front of the gun and the one rail on top for the aiming sight.

Lookin to get a new AEG. Any ideas or advice? G_G_CM16_Raider__4e52905115a83

The metal one comes in tan.

Overall length (source for length: length) 776mm.
JaredThinks
JaredThinks
LCPL
LCPL

Back to top Go down

Lookin to get a new AEG. Any ideas or advice? Empty nice gun

Post  Gho5tWolf21 Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:00 pm

thats pretty much the same gun i have. reliable. id prefer g&g combat machines. looking to get get an mp7 soon kwa if at all possible
Gho5tWolf21
Gho5tWolf21
LCPL
LCPL

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down