Southern Command Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions/rules/restrictions on military rank?

3 posters

Go down

Opinions/rules/restrictions on military rank? Empty Opinions/rules/restrictions on military rank?

Post  Cyborg Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:04 am

Tittle pretty much says it all. Is the wearing if military rank against any laws, rules or anything of the such? Like pin ons, Velcro, etc. What if it's for a team thing and you want a ranking order?
Cyborg
Cyborg
Sgt
Sgt

Back to top Go down

Opinions/rules/restrictions on military rank? Empty Re: Opinions/rules/restrictions on military rank?

Post  Captain Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:36 am

Cyborg wrote:Tittle pretty much says it all. Is the wearing if military rank against any laws, rules or anything of the such? Like pin ons, Velcro, etc. What if it's for a team thing and you want a ranking order?
According to military laws you cannot wear a rank that is not yours, but this applies to military personnel only. According to federal laws there is no restriction against wearing a rank on your person as long as you are not impersonating a service member (this includes claiming to have been military at one time).

A lot of teams have their own rank structures and wear military ranks on their uniforms. Don't expect a warm greeting by a lot of major games though if you wear actual mil rank patches.

IMHO, until you have 20 people in your team regularly showing for games, and everyone has a specific position they play then leave the ranks off the team. If you designate people by position instead of rank you will be able to more quickly determine their capabilities rather than the 'status' of their skills. It will help promote more flexibility in your team play style instead of trying to always fit the same mold.
Captain
Captain
PFC
PFC

Back to top Go down

Opinions/rules/restrictions on military rank? Empty Re: Opinions/rules/restrictions on military rank?

Post  Cyborg Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:19 pm

I'm basically stand alone so i'm mostly just rolling twords captain rank on ww2 or on a uniform currently not is use by any world millitary. So not to be confused with real service members.
Cyborg
Cyborg
Sgt
Sgt

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:47 pm

Gotcha. For the most part those wearing reenactor grade apparel are left alone regarding wearing ranks or patches on a uniform (still as long as you aren't trying to impersonate). Still, having a rank (especially officer) will usually make you a bit of a target among other players. Take it from a guy named 'Captain' haha. Granted, mine is because everyone at the airsoft field knows me as 'the boat captain' and it stuck. It still gets you some odd looks and even weirder attitudes for some reason.
Captain
Captain
PFC
PFC

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyborg Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:56 pm

I understand. I've always Liked the rank captain and in my ww2 helmet liner I've got captain bars and I want some on the uniform. I would expect weird looks and probably negative attitude (probably specifically from active members) but it's just what I like. As long as it's legal. I've thought about wearing them in some weird different way like on chest pockets, but it's hard to just come by rank pins and such in general do I'm stuck with the ones in my helmet at the moment anyways
Cyborg
Cyborg
Sgt
Sgt

Back to top Go down

Post  wilcthalacker Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:48 pm

Personally as long as you dont dissrespect that rank and what it symbolizes, you would be fine in my book.
wilcthalacker
wilcthalacker
SgtMaj
SgtMaj

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down