Southern Command Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great tasting trail food

2 posters

Go down

Great tasting trail food Empty Great tasting trail food

Post  CWO Amato Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:55 pm

Ok, everybody has had an MRE once or twice... But don't you wish there was something a little bit better tasting?

I recently heard about this brand called Mountain House that makes these meals that you can easily heat up and eat just about anywhere. All you have to do is boil a few cups of water, and pour it into the pouch that has the food, and wait about 5-8 minutes. Then you just drain the water, and dig in!

I haven't tried one of these yet, but I have seen video after video on Youtube where people have said that some of the entrees are "restaurant quality", such as the chicken and potatoes entree. In most cases, the good is good for 1-2 years, like an MRE. The only downside is boiling that water...

In actuality, it really wouldn't be that hard. You can buy a Coleman compact propane burner for about $30, and just bring a small pot with you. I'm planning on doing this maybe on the 18th, instead of making the usual McD run.

Check it out:

http://www.mountainhouse.com/
CWO Amato
CWO Amato
PFC
PFC

Back to top Go down

Great tasting trail food Empty Re: Great tasting trail food

Post  wilcthalacker Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:32 pm

I loved those things. I used them when hiking and when youre done eating one it doesnt make you feel like you just ate barf and it can hold you over even if you had the munchies. They are quick and easy to make and I will say they dont quite tast like resturant or good home cooking but they definatly beet MREs by a long shot.
wilcthalacker
wilcthalacker
SgtMaj
SgtMaj

Back to top Go down

Great tasting trail food Empty In stock at Walmart!

Post  CWO Amato Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:48 am

I was just in the Destin Walmart the other day, and they had a few of the Mountain House meals in stock in the sporting goods section. I bought the spaghetti w meat sauce meal. It serves 2 people, and the expiration date on the back says it is good for 5 years! Very cool...

I got a portable burner, maybe i'll bring it out to the game on Saturday.
CWO Amato
CWO Amato
PFC
PFC

Back to top Go down

Post  wilcthalacker Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:58 am

You should try the beef stew its awsome.
wilcthalacker
wilcthalacker
SgtMaj
SgtMaj

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down