Southern Command Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medal of Honor banned on AAFES

3 posters

Go down

Medal of Honor banned on AAFES Empty Medal of Honor banned on AAFES

Post  CWO Amato Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:02 pm

When my roommate told me this story, I couldn't believe it at first. Apparently, the upcoming Medal of Honor game is banned for sale on the Army and Air Force Exchange (AAFES). Apparently in the multiplayer mode, you can either play as the good guys, or play as the Taliban. While this kind of "match up" isn't the first of it's kind, it sparked outrage with a grieving mom who lost her son, a 1st Lt., in Iraq. Anyhow, she rallied enough petitions to have the game removed from AAFES.

What this means is, they will not sell any of the games on any of the military bases (both U.S and abroad), nor will they approve any pre-orders for all of our troops that are fighting the good fight and want a copy of the game. Also, all Gamestop stores located on Military installations have been instructed to not sell the game.

I know this is a touchy subject, and I want to say foremost that I am deeply indebted to all of our soldiers that have served, are currently serving, and have paid the ultimate price for our freedom.

Although I agree with the grieving mom on some parts, I ultimately don't think they should ban the game altogether. I'm curious to see what your thoughts are on this subject. You can read the full article here: Link to News Article
CWO Amato
CWO Amato
PFC
PFC

Back to top Go down

Medal of Honor banned on AAFES Empty Re: Medal of Honor banned on AAFES

Post  0RANG3_FURY Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:28 pm

that kinda sucks, considering I go to that game stop store on base a lot. Don't i was gonna get that game anyway though.
0RANG3_FURY
0RANG3_FURY
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  Howie Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:51 pm

Sucks for the service men and woman overseas!

Howie
SSGT
SSGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down