Southern Command Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about masks and goggles

+5
spence88
Disco
AJ
wilcthalacker
ColKiller
9 posters

Go down

Discussion about masks and goggles Empty Discussion about masks and goggles

Post  ColKiller Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:59 pm

Ok some im curious to know what people think about the mesh goggles the people who actually have them. I have done some research and a lot of people say that some debris can get threw and that just doesnt sound like fun lol. An im curious to know what some people do to keep their goggles from fogging up
ColKiller
ColKiller
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Discussion about masks and goggles Empty Re: Discussion about masks and goggles

Post  wilcthalacker Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:14 pm

I wish i could help but i dont wear goggles.
wilcthalacker
wilcthalacker
SgtMaj
SgtMaj

Back to top Go down

Post  ColKiller Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:04 am

or glasses all the same. Should have put eye protection
ColKiller
ColKiller
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  AJ Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:44 am

if u head to walmart, and go to the airsoft section and there will be two types, clear and yellow. i bought the last yellow pair. but the goggles will say fog proof or something to that effect.and today was a humid day and i wair a gilly. i tried to make them fog but they wouldnt except wair my finger prints were. and i got mine for about $5.60 but i forgot the exact amount. but yea, just look at the lables and most of the time there true.
AJ
AJ
GySgt
GySgt

Back to top Go down

Post  ColKiller Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:11 am

hahah i have goggles and wut not im just getting different peoples thoughts an wut not on the topic. My goggles are high end and supposedly wont fog up ya not true lol. Hell savephace GUARANTEES NONE of their masks will fog ya BS lol. My pair did it and i contacted them and their like yaaaa some will do that lol. Im just curious what peoples views are on goggles masks and mesh masks and so on just to see what some people like to what they dislike. AN how some people fix their fogging issues an wut not
ColKiller
ColKiller
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  AJ Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:13 am

oh. lol. i use windex.
AJ
AJ
GySgt
GySgt

Back to top Go down

Post  Disco Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:53 am

Ok heres mt 2 cents.

I gotta defend save phace here a bit. Matt you bought the single layer lens that they sell and they dont claim that it wont fog. The double layer lens is the only one that they will claim wont fog. Buuuuuuuuuuuut it will for at a point too. When i called save phace about it they asked if it looked like the mask was fogging or did it look like condensation building up in the mask? In case you are wondering there is a difference. Fog it a thin layer of moisture that you cant see through and condensation it droplets of water that builds up in the mask when the padding inside the mask gets saturated with sweat. Both make it impossible to see through and play. So save phace sells extra strips of the padding that you can swap out when they get soaked in sweat and you will have no more fogging issues.
I have tried both the single layer and double layer lenses and the double layer is surely a better lens and will fog less. When I keep up with my foam inserts and swap them out every couple games i have no fogging issues at all.

Lately I have not been wearing my mask and have gone to plain shooting glases type eye protection. I have no idea where I got them cause ive had them for years. They probably came with some tool kit or something I bought at some point in time. They have a yellow lens which I like because they brighten up the woods a ton especially when its gloomy outside. The yellow lens also seems to highlight all the color out there so I think I see people easier with the yellow. Now it may not be the safest idea but the lenses are also glass. Ive been shot many times in them and never had them break. I believe the glass lens tends to fog less than all my other plastic glasses. In fact I cant think of a single time they have fogged up on me.

Well thats my 2 cents take it for what its worth.
Disco
Disco
LtGen
LtGen

http://Discoairsoft@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post  spence88 Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:43 am

its woth about tree fitty

spence88
PFC
PFC

Back to top Go down

Post  0RANG3_FURY Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:33 pm

that damn loch ness monster come around again!?.. lol.. i liked my yellow glasses before they broke. Dave is right, they sure do brighten everything up! i just recently bought some clear ones, but thinking im gonna go back to the yellows
0RANG3_FURY
0RANG3_FURY
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  FOXHOUND_SIN Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:05 pm

Alright. Well, i'm the only one on the field I ever see with Mesh goggles. I LOVE THEM. No fog, and look WAY better. They breath, and work well. SOMETIMES they get dents but it's fine. You'll just have battle wounds. I took a 400 FPS gas pistol to the mask at 5 feet away and it was fine. NO BB debris gets through, but dirt and stuff does. (Duh) Either way, Mesh is the way to go.
FOXHOUND_SIN
FOXHOUND_SIN
SgtMaj
SgtMaj

http://www.foxhoundairsoft.kk5.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Gotvtec95 Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:16 am

walmart shooting glasses. is what i learned was the best. and i can aim down the site. WOOT
Gotvtec95
Gotvtec95
LtGen
LtGen

http://race850.com/boards/member.php?u=240

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:30 am

With the field converting to Full seal then even stubborn ole me has bought a pair of mesh full seal goggles. Won't go to a mask.. but will protect my eyes at least. Plus 0 fog!
Rob
Rob
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down