ID Challenge Codes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ID Challenge Codes

Post  CWO Amato on Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:46 am

Ok, this idea I have been harvesting for a while... Whenever we play a match where we're all split up and are all over the map, and we can't tell if the person that is in our crosshairs is friend or foe, we can use a Challenge Code to identify them quickly. For all the Modern Warfare 2 Fans out there, you may remember "Star....Texas" was the challenge code that determined whether the guy in the distance holding a gun was Russian or American. All you need is 2 words that sorta fit together logically, but isn't too easy where the enemy can guess it.

I know we now have the green and orange streamers (and they are awesome!), but sometimes it's hard to see through the brush which side they are on, and sometimes people are lying down and you can't see the color. Point in case, look at how many times I shot Rob on Saturday.... Sorry Rob!

Of course, I wouldn't deploy this maneuver unless I was close, and had the drop on somebody, but it takes the confusion out of who's who.
CWO Amato
PFC
PFC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ID Challenge Codes

Post  comanche4 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:53 am

I like flash and thunder.
comanche4
LCPL
LCPL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain on Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:34 am

During large scale games this is used a lot. There are many different variations other than just a static one word challenge and response. One we have used in the past are 'States' meaning that you challenge with a state name and respond with a state name, doesn't matter which one. Also 'Girls' in which you challenge and respond with a womans name. You can limit it to certain letters or sets of letters to further cut it down but with a dynamic challenge and response you can keep an uninformed enemy from knowing the code as quickly as a static one. DUCK uses several different versions with some of them being pretty complex. We also make use of a radio verification system as well so that we know who is talking on the radio and whether they are legit.
Captain
PFC
PFC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CWO Amato on Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:37 am

comanche4 wrote:I like flash and thunder.

That's funny, but it works. Cool
CWO Amato
PFC
PFC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain on Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:39 am

CWO Amato wrote:
comanche4 wrote:I like flash and thunder.

That's funny, but it works. Cool

Oh yeah, had to add a funny story about this. I was at a game where a team decided to use the standard "Flash/Thunder" challenge and as it turns out SO DID THE ENEMY! For a couple of hours there were units walking up onto each other with the challenge being correct, unfortunately they were not on the same side. There were even a couple of cases where patrols passed each other without incident and no one realized it was the enemy until they radios to HQ with a status of having 'just passed another of our patrols' only to be informed that they were alone out there.
Captain
PFC
PFC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FOXHOUND_SIN on Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:57 pm

Make sure if you do this, before each game. Just pick something at random. If it's something obvious, then you can just mimic and bring the enemy out in the open to kill them. I had played against a team where they were using challenge codes. They were yelling them so loud that I was able to mimic them, tell my team over the radio then just draw them out. It's kinda tough but works to an extent.
FOXHOUND_SIN
SgtMaj
SgtMaj

View user profile http://www.foxhoundairsoft.kk5.org

Back to top Go down

Post  FOXHOUND_MEDIC on Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:35 pm

joel remember angry leperchaun? haha
FOXHOUND_MEDIC
LCPL
LCPL

View user profile