Southern Command Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Operation Reform June 25-26 2010

+12
wilcthalacker
ColKiller
nobody
FOXHOUND_SIN
Scott W.
MackPerformance
AJ
Rob
Disco
Gotvtec95
0RANG3_FURY
crazyerchris
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Operation Reform June 25-26 2010 - Page 4 Empty Re: Operation Reform June 25-26 2010

Post  Gotvtec95 Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:24 am

GAME DAY!!! Ready to go just gotta go buy a few things! See everyone thats going there and for those who are not, im sure we will have some stories for you!!

Seperatist FTMFW
Gotvtec95
Gotvtec95
LtGen
LtGen

http://race850.com/boards/member.php?u=240

Back to top Go down

Operation Reform June 25-26 2010 - Page 4 Empty Re: Operation Reform June 25-26 2010

Post  Medic21 Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:02 pm

Disco wrote:Ha ha ha thats funny. I do love this gun. I think something inside has worn out like the bucking or something cause the last two times ive used it the grouping seems to have gotten worse? I cleaned the barrel last night hoping to improve it but it really wasnt dirty. We will see. Thanks again for such a great gun Bro!!!

After the Op (next week), I can look at it if you need me to.

Medic21
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Zombiedance Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:03 pm

I wish i went to it now.... :\ but hey i'm going to operation SPEAR so at least I'm going to something.
Zombiedance
Zombiedance
Sgt
Sgt

Back to top Go down

Post  Gotvtec95 Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:54 pm

The event was lame as shit. We have no intentions on returning to an op like that again. I will elaborate later I'm tired
Gotvtec95
Gotvtec95
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  spence88 Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:13 pm

yes please definitly elaborate i must know

spence88
PFC
PFC

Back to top Go down

Post  Zombiedance Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:17 pm

Going off previous things ive been told about that field very little happened and going off what Micheal said there was also alot of walking.
Zombiedance
Zombiedance
Sgt
Sgt

Back to top Go down

Post  MackPerformance Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:09 pm

Before you read the following I would just like to say how impressed I was with the players of Southerncommand! You guys are the prime example of what an airsoft group should be. No matter what you thought of the Op, you people are one of the best network of players I have ever seen!!! Your devotion to airsoft and the quick support of this event will always stick with me as I can honestly say I was suprised and trully admired your groups support and dedication. I hope that you will attend more events including the ones we hope to host in the future! I will always speak highly of you all...

Your Friend
Nathan Mack
Panhandle Airsoft

WOW!!! I have awoke from my deep sleep and man I’m still tired! My email is full with 40+ emails; so I can honestly say I’ve gotten the good, bad, and ugly… All in all I have to say thanks to everyone who attended our event. For our second Event ever (excluding the Team Challenge and Pistol Comp) I must say I was pleased with it! I had a blast watching everyone’s excitement and the smiles on their faces. Yes you can never make everyone happy but I only heard a few complaints during the game. There were some things that threw us and I was sure this was going to happen. However I was surprised that it happened so quickly. We were not ready for our first medical issue and it showed in the amount of time it took to find and remove the first player. I’ve made myself a pretty good list of the do’s and don’t for the next event we host and I’m sure that after going through all the emails I will have plenty more to add. I must say that we threw some things out there that the admis argued about repeatedly, some worked and some didn’t. But that’s the joy of putting yourself out there. I can honestly say that Crazyer and I put our hearts into this event, and while not perfect I am still proud of the final result. We hit 90% of the goals we set and we gave it our all. I think the story line and premise of the game is sound and hope to see it become a yearly event. As with all things in life the first time is the worst time, and it will only get better. So please guys, keep your comments rolling in. I will not apologize for anything that was done during the game except my intervention during the election part of the event. For the Separatist squad I interrupted I truly do apologize for that. I was wrong and it was a very bad judgment on my part. I am sorry that the game wasn’t perfect but to expect it to be would be crazy and unrealistic. There were many problems both on and off the field and I was happy that we overcame most to have a very exciting game. To every one who wants to vent or complain, I welcome you to give me a call, or email myself requesting a call. I’m not one to get hot tempered and would love to hear your concerns, complaints, or praise!!! It is by an act of faith that we choose to host these types of events and I hope that you all will have faith in us to come back with a better events in the future. But we do need your help to make each event better than the last. I truly enjoyed myself and the company of the players on the field. I know tempers get high at times and people can say thing the soon regret. I just hope that you all will realize that we are all looking for the same thing, “a great time playing Airsoft”. So give the other guy the benefit of the dought, bring your concerns to the players that host games and events so we can work together to ensure that everyone is on the same page and we all work together to have FUN. After all, at the end of the day we are all going home. Don’t let one negative turn Airsoft into a deeply rooted grudge. Thanks again and I’m looking forward to seeing you all on the field. For those that host events please email me your details and I will do my best to promote and attend any event that comes to our area. Anyone who attended this event can count on me to do the same for them. (Just give me plenty of notice)!!!

Thanks Again for the Support,
Nathan Mack
Panhadle Airsoft
850.867.7020 or PanhandleAirsoft@aol.com

PS. Due to not receiving raffle prizes we have not drawn for those as of yet. We did not receive our prizes from the sponsors we had and the ones that were listed will be donated directly from Panhandle Airsoft as soon as they arrive. A list will be posted shortly and when the items arrive they will be sent out.
MackPerformance
MackPerformance
LCPL
LCPL

http://www.panhandleairsoft.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Disco Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:01 am

Wow I love this guy!!! I dont think anyone else would take the abuse he has and keep their composure. You have no idea how much that means to me as someone who runs a field and knows what its like to pour your self into a game or event and just get hammered for it. Your a better man than I.

Now questions.

Who Won the Op?

And from what your saying im guessing that the Southern Commandos were the most professional team out there? Very Happy toot toot!!!!!!! My Guys were great to work with and we really did try to immerse ourselves into the role of a real troop in battle. We did have fun and like I said before I hope to attend more like this, especially at night. THe night made some things harder but it made dealing with the heat and dehydration 10 times easier.
Disco
Disco
LtGen
LtGen

http://Discoairsoft@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:12 am

I have to say I have been on the fence about my experience in this op. In the heat of the moment I was bitching and complaining like alot of people were. But when I sat down and explained and bragged about things to my wife, friends, family. I learned that there was alot more Pros to this op then cons. It's something I will always remember and will want to do many many more times!

Next time lets work together! what I mean is if you start thinking of a Op like this again.. which I know you already are Very Happy Hit up the players and see what they would like to see in the Op as well. Not saying let the players build the op. but get some input.. ya never know you may like it lol.

But again like I said in your post over at panhandled airsoft. Thanks for doing this and look forward to seeing news on the next one!

An ya.. who actually " won " the op?!
Rob
Rob
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  crazyerchris Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:09 pm

Before even going into this event me and Mack talked about how impressed we were with Southern Command and the quickness that you guys got pre-registered and got into the event. Panhandle Airsoft tips our helmet to you guys Good Job!

As far as who won....Loyalists. They took out 2 of your commanders and finshed the most missions. We did reward the Separatist a president kill after discussing the situation. Good Job to everyone that played we have already started planning on a continuation for next year.

Me and Mack have also been discussing getting all the groups in our area to try and work together on events and games. Possibly meeting up and discussing events and helping run/plan them. We are thinking like the 2 key members from each team sooo like Me and Mack, and then 2 from Southern Command and 2 from Foundation.

crazyerchris
PFC
PFC

Back to top Go down

Post  Gotvtec95 Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:05 pm

i believe that president kill was from my pastel egg grenade? The night part was great. It was more intense because of not knowing where the enemy was. Needless to say i took out Daniel and Ceaser. Shortly after the boom lighting was put up at the dirt base. But then we sat in the same spot for 3 hours doing nothing. I was protecting our medic and him and myself were constantly trying to get new intel so we could move as a group and win the battle. Unfortuantly that is where the op failed to me. There was not one piece of intel all night long until the next day. The southern Commandos decided to do our own thing and camped a newly dug base. After eating my mre and matt getting some rest, we moved on. When we attacked the post office is when we had the most fun of both days. The "air strike" was awesome. If it would of actually cause some sort of body count, then it would of been even better. But all in all it was fine. A future op would need some work. Thank any ways for the experience.

B
Gotvtec95
Gotvtec95
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:58 pm

Some info I have gathered from Panhandle airsoft -

Alpha the winning req's were specified, it was a simple point based system. You got points by killing enemy commanders, or finding intel or many other things. You do not get points for taking an enemy base though, so while i commend you guys for doing that, it served no purpose to capture our base. But hey half of our team had already gone to sleep so i'll take a rematch one day lol Wink

and mack, i had an awesome time at the game
especially when me and zulu were able to find you in the DMZ while being hunted by your teammates, lol (even though we scared them more than they did us LOL)

A couple of things have come up that I wanted to share. 1) the Loyalist (just two players Cheese and CDR) over took the Separatist base in the beginning of the game. Killing the Commander and LT, while also stealing the fresh intel that the Separatist had just earned (Completed Mission = early intel). 2) Both teams got the same intel at nearly identical times, the only variation would be if a team earned intel early, or stole said intel. 3) the first intel update went out around 9:30 -10:00pm and was followed by a second mission within 15 min. For the players that didn't get intel or missions until 2am . Im not sure what happened but your commander must not have been aware of your presence. During the low points in the game players were free to attack, recon, and plain play havoc with the other teams at will. So it saddens me to hear that players were just sitting stagnant on the field when there was so much fun they could have been having.

4) It seems I have a very disgruntle helper on my hand sending out some POS info to players that attended. For this I am sorry. His (Kikken_wing) views are not accurate or shared due to several reasons. For one he was the biggest complainer because he wanted to play sooooo bad. He was in love with the game up until the point that he was told that all the money brought into the game had been spent on the game and we basically did this for the fun of it. He was calculating the number of players and seeing $$$. So I take it he wanted to rant and post these things behind Crazyer and my back. Thank to those that forwarded to me as total BS, I am looking forward to speaking to him in person. But he has saved me some money because I had planned on paying him for taking off from his job to help out. But seeing that he has in-fact done quite the opposite I don't have much for him. If anyone is looking for a new squad mate he is a hell of a player, however a bit short tempered and young. Thanks again for the support and watching out for us!!! If anyone would like to donate some of your moneys to him please PM him because he is coming up with nil on our end...

The 2nd quote bothers me.. it was said that enemies killed our commader and LT and stole intel?! We were there until around 2-3am. The only people that " attacked " were shot before they even knew what the hell was going on. Our march through the woods @ 3am was also pointless.. which is weird.. guess it didn't say we get anything for doing it in the players book so we should of just sat at our own base and waited for the tons of intel we got " sarcasm " Sorry... but damn that sucks. oh well the past is the past.
Rob
Rob
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  MackPerformance Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:11 pm

Yea, I was there! Thats what happened... Ask Jamie about it, are you guys sure you were at the right base? All this happened well before 12:00am. Did you guys get the intel about the lost sensitive matterials lost after the UN plane's crashed. The crewman were surrounded in smoke and the loyalist only found one crewman while the other was only 20 feet away. Both with a glow stick on their chest as they lay there. It look so cool to see this one section of woods all smoked out, the moon was just perfect!!! Or aware of the lost crew and pilot? There was an actual missle hidden on the field that was to be learned that it was a nuke. But it was never found and I'm not sure that anyone went after it at all during the night. The seperatist got that intel arround 1:00am. And the Loyalists didn't get it until latter that morning.
MackPerformance
MackPerformance
LCPL
LCPL

Back to top Go down

Post  Disco Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:55 pm

Wow I must have either blacked out for a few hours or fell asleep. Because I was there with my team the entire time and never received any intel or saw Jamie get shot by a loyalist. The only time I saw you up on the hill was when you turned on the lights, there was a small fire fight at that time maybe thats when it happened. But we still had 8 guys around the base alive sooooooo???????/// Im baffled. I didnt hear anything about a pilot till the next morning. Its been established that there was a ton of disorganization and its over so im done with it. We lost they won its cool.
Disco
Disco
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  MackPerformance Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:07 pm

Man that just plain sucks!!! Check out the foundations forum we were talking about the time in question, not the instance where we turned the lights on.
http://foundation.forummotion.com/new-contracts-tfaa-southeast-f6/operation-reform-june-25-26-2010-t199-90.htm

But yes it seems that there was a break down on the distribution of intel. I did hear Jamie say that they couldn't reach you guys several times on the radios. If the weather clears I'm planning on making a trip over to you guys, so I can sit down and hear your conserns and ideas. Also I would like to invite you all over to my place to play some time (Free of charge). I've good around 15 acers of excellent woods to play on with a small creek runing down the property. Might give you guys some more time working as a squad and messing with radios. Both have added to our player's level of fun. I hold TTD's every now and then just to work on things that make the game more fun and intense. We run everything from ambush, counter ambush, sniper, base attacks, ect to bring the team work to a whole new level. I'd be happy to help out with that or stand back and just shoot at you all. I think I've earned that much!!! Laughing After all I think I was shot during the election speach at least 8 times!
MackPerformance
MackPerformance
LCPL
LCPL

Back to top Go down

Post  Gotvtec95 Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:28 pm

We where in constant contact with the commanders through out the night and morning. With us asking every 30 min to an hour if there was any new intel and like always there wasn't any. Loyalist won because apparently we were not part of the game. When we know what's going on we do work! Communication with us was horrible. Your game types where not even explained to us. We were just pointed in a direction slapped on the ass and said have fun. A few of us were very disappointed.
Gotvtec95
Gotvtec95
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  JackpotJoey Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:06 pm

I can contest to the radio contact with our commanders, i was checking in with them for our squad and it sounded like they were getting annoyed with me later on in the night.

All in all, I had a blast. There are some quirks that need to be fixed, but i think there will be things thatll always show up. Looking forward to next one and being to shoot some more faces
JackpotJoey
JackpotJoey
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:51 am

Wow.. so I am listening to the Radio show over at Southeastairsoft.com They had Mack come on the show and talk about the op. Remember middle of the night when those random fireworks going on?! Well when we asked command like 10 times what did they mean.. and they told us they were just random fireworks or what was there words.. " ambient effect "

Well according to mack they were to simulate a crashing plane. There was supposed Intel they passed out to inform people there were location the plane went down. BAH! Southern Commandos if we would of got the Intel like everyone else we could of single handy won the event. We stayed awake till 6-7amish an only took a 1 hour break and then headed back out there. With our 8 man squad moving through the woods all night we could of easily done the objectives. Sad We had our compasses, NV goggles, supplies, everything ready to do some missions. Dang nab it.. oh well. Next time boys we will get intel if we have to go hold our own commander hostage and go rogue squad on there asses HAHA!

ps.

I know I am bringing up an event that is done and over with. I know that nothing I say will changed the past BUT I would hope that the boys reading this from Panhandle airsoft listen and at least take some of the things being said by me on the other people that attended the event and make sure they work on them for the next time!

Rob
Rob
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  MackPerformance Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:03 am

I LISTENING!!!! Keep it comming boys, if you guys didn't speak up we wouldn't know there was an issue. The only way to fix the problems are to know what they were. I am kicking myself... because we had panhandle moderators set to join each team in the fun. Just for the fact of watching for problems such as the ones you guys are talking about. They decided not to participate and I didn't put up much of a fight but now I wish I would have sent their butts packing to the field!!!
MackPerformance
MackPerformance
LCPL
LCPL

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:29 pm

It's great to know you care about your program! That makes me more excited to get into the next one. We learned a few things from the op as well so it's a win win deal!
Rob
Rob
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  JackpotJoey Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:21 pm

OH that would have been a big help if mods joined each squad. Handing out intel would have gone much smoother and missions would have been clear and set.

If each mod new intel and mission it would save us alot of trouble since they could pass it out at appropriate time, instead of miscommunications between base commander and squads.

I think next time mods should be in the game
JackpotJoey
JackpotJoey
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Disco Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:46 pm

Or just set a time line up on paper for when to tune into a certain channel. At 6pm tune in at 8 pm tune in etc. Just stick to the times and no one has an excuse.
Disco
Disco
LtGen
LtGen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4